Coronavirus Prevention Tips
Posted by Muzi On 10 Jun, 2020
With the rapid increase in the number of infected people, this pandemic has established one strong statement that it is here to stay! Ever since December 2019, the Coronavirus has kept spreading rapidly to various countries, destroying many lives as it passes.
Since there isn't a confirmed and successfully tested treatment, people are advised to stay at home and follow good sanitisation practices along with social distancing. To help you successfully navigate through this pandemic without getting affected.
Here are Some Coronavirus Prevention Tips:
Do not Panic:
During times like these, it is really important to focus on your mental and physical health. Staying up-to-date on the situation is important to make further decision, however, it is best to keep calm and not panic. Since panicking about the virus, will only do you more harm and impact your state of mind and your well-being.
Follow these Sanitisation Practices:
Good sanitary practices will not only keep you safe from sickness and diseases but also from being a carrier of the virus. Here are a few sanitary tips
- Always wear a face mask and gloves while stepping out of the house.
- Wash your hands with warm water and soap before you eat, go to the washroom, leave the washroom, or after sneezing or coughing.
- Sanitise areas that may have been touched using antibacterial spray, gel, wipes, etc.
- Do not touch your nose, eyes or mouth.
- Use a sanitiser as often as you can whenever you can't wash your hands.
- Use the inside of your elbow to sneeze or cough instead of your palms.
- If you are ill or have a flu, stay home and avoid going outdoors.
- Maintain distance from people who show symptoms of any sickness or flu.
- Practice social distancing while going out to the grocery store.
Avoid Crowded Areas:
During this pandemic, crowded places are the worst place to be in, since the coronavirus is known to spread easily in crowded areas, not only will you be getting infected but you can also be a carrier and transmit it to your loved ones at home.
Do not Travel:
Even though traveling to other countries and states is difficult due to the lack of transportation availabilities, it is still advisable not to travel anywhere for whatever reason. But even if you do have plans to travel in the near future, ensure you get a traveling health insurance cover.
Disinfect your House Regularly:
A disinfectant is a must during this critical time, ensure that you buy enough of it to disinfect your home regularly to avoid the build-up of germs and viruses. The places that you shouldn’t forget to disinfect are your door knobs, doors, railings, pet or children toys, gates, and anything that you may touch while entering the house after your grocery store visit.
Grab the Essentials:
During a lockdown, it is best to stock up on your food items, toiletries, medicines, etc. Just for safety reasons have the basic medicines that you might need and buy canned food, foods with a longer shelve life, and that are healthy. Avoid ordering junk food from out as you may not know how safe they are and if the person delivering the food is infected or not.
Boost your Immunity:
To get through this lockdown smoothly, it is important to have a good immune system, To boost your immunity, you can-
- Take Vitamin D, Vitamin C, and Zinc supplements.
- Exercise regularly.
- Eat food items with high fibre.
- Get enough of sleep
- Avoid smoking or drinking alcohol, as it could affect your immunity.
- Try to avoid eating pastas, cookies, bread, or any other baked goods.
Now that you are all caught up with the different essential practices that you should follow, we hope that you stay safe and indoors. If you would like to take your sanitisation level higher, you could even opt for our sanitisation and disinfection services available for your home and commercial sectors.