Termite Treatments in Melbourne
What to do for guaranteed Termite Control and Removal?
- Research show more than 20% of homes in Australia will be affected by termites at some point in time whether pre-construction, during construction or post construction.
- CSIRO says 1 out of 3 homes will be affected by termites.
- Termites are Australia’s no 1 public enemy that aren’t stopped by wood, soil or concrete.
- 3 months is all it takes for a termite damage to get out of control.
Get down to Terminating those Termites with Termite control in Melbourne!!
- Droppings sighted,
- Hollow wood sounds,
- An occasional inspect spotted
Could the above be pointing to signs of a termite infestation? Well that's one mystery you'll want solved immediately and effectively.
Also known as white ants, these creatures are responsible for destruction of timber in residential and commercial areas.
Tackling Termite Control in Melbourne
Here are characteristic facts about them:
- Come in various shapes, sizes and colour.
- Multiply rapidly breeding into an infestation in your house within the shortest timeframe.
- Colonies have hierarchies with specific roles to perform.
That’s probably why they remain undefeated despite uses of insecticide or other pest solutions....by a lay person that is.
Homes and building construction all over Melbourne need to have treatment against termites. This is obviously because of the wood content that attracts termites leading to significant termite damages in your home. A warm invitation could soon turn into an unwelcome infestation of subterranean termites in your house.
Not only will they wreak havoc in your home it might be too late to salvage your property from the immense termite damage to wood and maybe even concrete parts of your home. Would you really want to put your home and possessions at stake? We’re sure you wouldn’t! Wondering what parts of your home termites find so inviting? Read on!
- Soil fill,
- Wall cavities
- Unused areas of buildings
- Spaces between false flooring
Once they find an area that meets their requirement of food and shelter, they stick around whether that means staying underground or in ground or in the soil. They then begin to build tunnels through the timber in order to build up their colony.
Your house could be included in one third of the houses in Melbourne that get affected by termites.
Did you consider that threat? An important part of the colony is the worker termites with powerful chewing mouths that can demolish entire buildings and houses despite the presence of some chemicals like insecticide or other pest management solutions like termite barriers and termite protection sheets. These form about 80% of the colony. Here’s how you can figure out if you have a termite problem at hand:
- Hollow sounding wood.
- Spot a swarm of young winged termites
- Small mud tunnels that resemble little brown straws.
If you sight any of the above, you’ll want to seek professional help for anti-termite solutions immediately but here are a few tips for prevention against a termite infestation:
- Getting rid of loose timber in and around your home.
- Removal/ replacement of landscape timbers and timber retaining walls.
- Place vents in external walls to block entryways.
- Clear vents that keep the house thoroughly ventilated.
- Use metal stirrups to raise the timber.
- Fix any leaking water pipes, sinks, drains, etc.
- Check to ensure no excessive moisture near water tanks if any.
- Regular termite inspections every 6-12 months by trusted professionals.
An average termite colony eats 5 gms of the wood in your house!
For buildings and homes in Melbourne that are already up and functioning, a moisture metre and microwave detection unit (Termatrac) are excellent ways to detect an infestation and the location of the colony. This enables accurate treatment measure for complete elimination.
For building or homes that are under construction, it would be wise to employ the services of professionals for a pest inspection report, preferably in the pre-construction stage. It reveals any pest infestation history that can affect the new construction and also includes a thorough check up of the place to find out existing infestations and more. It also exposes certain spots that might attract an infestation later post construction. To sum things up if you’re considering making a purchase, a pest inspection report would be highly valuable to have at hand for future pest management.
Hold up, that’s not all when it comes to termite problems! Below are ways in which they could affect yours and your family’s health:
- Termites can cause allergies & asthma attacks
- They could cause earaches and noises by creeping into the middle ear
- Termites may attack intestines and cause abdominal pain
- Their stings are painful & causes excessive itching & swelling of tissues
At Protech pest control, we understand that termites can really eat into your money and we’re determined to stop that from happening. Using the latest technology and the detailed eyes of our trained experts, we locate the signs and causes of an infestation with ease. We know that termites are insects at the end of the day and could affect your health negatively. While getting rid of them with our anti-termite and pest solutions, we wouldn’t want to have your health affected now would we? That’s why our pest control measures and products are eco-friendly and safe.
Why battle termites alone when you have the pest control services of certified professionals only a call away? Call us on 1300 486 149 whether you are dealing with a new construction or a problem of subterranean termites despite termite barriers underground.
Termite Infestations are hard enough to tackle as it is than not having the right pest control system to aide you in their removal. Here are some vitals to have in place when selected a service:
- Does the service company you’re selecting provide same day pest control service (normally)?
- Does the company have over 23 years of experience in the termite control field?
- Do they have full accreditation and licensing for pest control services from the Victorian government?
- Do they make use of the most up-to-date non-destructive termite detection technology?
- Do they have a certified specialist termite division for inspections, reports and treatments for areas in ground and above it?
- Do they guarantee their work of getting rid of pests along with termite protection services?
- Do they offer natural and biodegradable pest control treatments for getting rid of termites to protect you, your family and the environment from harsh chemicals?
We thought we had a termite infestation so rang Protech. The response was fast and efficient. The site was tested and recommendations were made to ensure the house was treated and we had no more problems. Dwayne was an excellent technician, capable answering all our questions and explaining what he was doing at each stage. I would thoroughly recommend Protech for any Pest problems.
Thank you for a job well done.
- Jenni Casey
When I found termites in our garage in suburban Melbourne earlier this year I was horrified. I contacted PROTECH Pest Control & within 2 days we'd had an inspection & then full treatment of our property within the week.
I give full credit to Muzi and his team for the way they carried out the extensive work needed. They detailed the work processes to us & cleared up any mess made throughout the actual procedure.
They were punctual in arriving at the time agreed & again when the next inspection was due.
I would give the PROTECH name to anyone with a Pest problem. I have already had a neighbour use them following our experience and satisfaction with the work done at our home.
- Anne Anstey
Winged termites on Floor
Heavy Termite Damage