Possums Control & Removal in Melbourne
Saying no to a Possum Infestation!
- Research shows that possum faeces contain bacteria that can cause flesh-eating ulcers.
- Exposure to their faeces can leave a person with long-term functional disability.
- It is illegal to kill a possum, therefore when tackling a possum infestation you need to observe the utmost care.
When it comes to possum control, the above 3 facts are perhaps the most important things you need to keep in mind. Now this doesn't mean that you are doomed! There is hope!
They are the worst kind of pest to have. They cause damage to your home as well as your health with the smell from their urine and faeces.
Not just that! They can be rather alarming to come in contact with since they resemble giant rats. What's worse is that they have 2 defensive behaviours:
- their stand on their 2 feet and bare their teeth.
- or they play dead by lying on the floor.
And in both situations any person wouldn't know what to expect next or what to do from there on.
And you can imagine if this situation is hard tackle for a regular person just how difficult it might be if you have pregnant women/old people/ children/ pets in your family. Having more vulnerable immunity systems they can develop great health complications. Do you really want to take that risk?
No right! Now while they are generally perceived as harmless, the true gravity of the destruction they are capable of is only known when they try making your home theirs.
Possum spells Pest
These pesky creatures can be found in the following places:
- Rooftops and ceiling voids. They tend to build their nests there and find their way around the house.
- Near furniture to your electrical and cable wires, causing damages that will truly burn holes in your pockets. There have been many instances of infestation leading to nasty fires.
Oh and let's not forget the pets! They can be a real pain for your pet to deal with. While small, they are quite aggressive in nature and can keep your pet up night in a battle of grunting, hissing, howling and screeching. What's worse is that being from the wild, they tend to carry ticks and fleas and leave no stone unturned when transferring it on to your pet. Long story short, not only do you have to handle the destruction caused by them living in your home you also will have on hand the damage caused by an anxiety-stricken pet.
And that's not even including the problem you will have thanks to the bacteria they bring along with them. Yes, you read right as a host, possums also carry germs that once inside your home, spread diseases that you wouldn't want yourself or your kids to be exposed to. Not to mention the disaster that will strike if they defecate or urinate in to your water supply!
Yes that does seem like a lot to deal with!
So now the real question is why deal with it when you can put an end to the Possum Problem?
Now, they are a protected species by the Australian government and so possum pest control in Melbourne requires them to be removed from your residence and released within 50 meters or on the property itself.
Hence it is important to block any entry points especially the roof. And this is only to avoid a future problem, but what of the existing possum family?
Possum removal in Melbourne should be done with care and caution. That's where we come in. Our professional team of trained individuals certified by the HACCP is brought to you by a company with 26 years of experience.
Possum removal is tricky and needs to be taken care of in a way that doesn't pull you into legal matters. We also have a dedicated research and development team that have invested in extensive study to understand their nature and behavioural habits and to come up with an effective and environment friendly method of getting rid of possums from your house.
Possum control requires skill, intelligence and experience. How do you protect yourself and your loved ones from pest that is protected by government laws?
Here's what you need to keep in mind before you freeze on a pest control service:
- Do they have a same day possum control service (normally)?
- Is their experience in dealing with possum control at least over 20 years?
- Do they have full accreditation and licensing for possum control services from the Victorian government?
- Do they make use of up-to-date non-destructive possum control technology?
- Do they have a specialised division for inspections, reports and treatments for possums?
- Is their work of getting rid of possums backed by a guarantee?
- Most importantly, possums are a protected species but your safety matters too along with the environment do they offer natural and legal treatments for getting rid of possums to protect you, your family and the environment?
So call us today for same day service that gives you an effective solution for your possum related problems. And if they return, so do we for FREE!
We had an issue with pest at our shop. The guys at Protech have been extremely helpful in solving our problem. The response & action time was fast, they have very experienced pest control operators.
Highly recommend Protech Pest Control for their service, expertise, passion & great value for money. Thank you to the team at Protech Pest Control & Muzie. You saved our business.
- Chea Ung
Possum in the rafters
Possum nest box
possum nest box on a tree
possum control box