Fleas Control in Melbourne
Flea infestations are very common in Melbourne and all around the world. If you do have a pet such as a dog or a cat living in your home or even in the same building, the chances of you getting a flea infestation is very high. You can easily identify a flea if you see the dog or the cat scratching themselves excessively.
At Protech Pest Control, we provide pest control and removal services for various insects, including fleas. We provide same-day inspection of your home/building along with same-day services using effective control and removal treatments and protection systems, to rid you of your problem as quickly as possible.
Symptoms of a Flea Bite: You can identify a bite if you find any of these symptoms:
- A pinkish swollen lump on your skin that develops within an hour.
- If the lump turns into a blister after a day or two.
- An itchy sensation on the bitten area.
- Bite marks on the leg or feet.
- Might become extra sensitive to bites.
Physical Appearance of a Flea: You can identify them by looking for these signs:
- Light to deep brown.
- 2-8 mm longs, wingless and oval in shape.
- It has 6 legs.
- A very small head with large hind feet.
Did You Know?
- There are about 2000 species discovered.
- A female can eat x15 her own weight in a day.
- A flea can feed for almost 3 hours.
- They lay up to 50 eggs in a day and about 2000 eggs within 2 months.
- They can jump x200 times the length of their body.
- They can even infect businesses and buildings due to the entry of an infested dog or cat.
- They are mostly confused for ticks, lice, and bedbugs.
The Two Most Common Type of Fleas in Melbourne
- Cat Flea: They are 3mm long, thick, wingless, and long thin legs that help them jump. They feed off their blood and are found living within cat fur, their baskets, mattress, and box.
- Dog Flea: They are brown but can turn reddish-black after a meal. They can be from 1 to 4mm longs and their larvae are off-white and can come up to 5mm. They live within dog fur and are known to feed on their blood as well as human blood sometimes.
What Should You Do If You Think You Have A Flea Infestation In Your Business Building Or Home?
- Get help from a professional pest control and removal company in Melbourne. Contact Protech Pest Control, to avail of our effective pest control and removal services and protection systems.
- Vacuum your entire house or business building including your carpets, crevices, cracks, and furniture prior to our expert’s arrival and conducting the service. Avoid vacuuming your home for the next 7 days post our pest control and removal service.
- Take your dog or cat to the vet and get them medically treated as soon as possible or on the same day of our service.
Our Control & Removal Program
After your problem has been noted, we will send our qualified technician to carry out a thorough pest inspection of your home or business building. Only after this thorough inspection will we conduct an effective service according to your requirements to prevent future invasion.
The process goes as such:
- During the inspection, our certified technicians will diagnose what your real issue is and which type of pest has infested your home or office building. Identifying the pest first will help us conduct the right service to effectively control and remove your infestation.
- After the inspection and diagnosis, our experts will formulate the treatment and begin the control and removal service in your home/business building (including the floors, carpets, rugs, etc.), outdoors and the surrounding environment.
How to Prepare your Home/ Business Building for a Control & Removal Service?
- The first step is to get your infected pet treated to a vet-approved pest removal treatment. Their toys, bedding, and clothes too will require cleansing by the treatment.
- Vacuum your home, rugs, carpets, furniture, bedding, etc. and dispose of the vacuum contents in an airtight plastic bag, spray a bug spray on to the bag and dispose of it in the bin.
- Mow your lawn at least 1 week prior to the service.
- Clean out your cupboards and floors from any toys or belongings of your pets and kids.
- Remove any pets from the site of treatment until the treatment has dried.
- If your yard is dry, pre-wet it 1 hour before to enable application into the soil.
Types of Flea Treatments
- Habitat Modification: A Flea invasion can be controlled and removed by eliminating the places available for them to live. Treat your pets to a vet-approved treatment and wash all your floors, carpets, cupboards, rugs, furniture, etc. belonging or that came in contact with your pet. This will leave them with no place to hide.
- Chemical Treatments: Our certified experts will conduct a pest control and removal treatment which will contain chemicals like pyrethroid such as permethrin, deltamethrin, or tetramethrin and an insect growth regulator to prevent the maturing of eggs.
- Other Methods:
- Physical Control and Removal- Wash your pet’s bedding and toys at least once a month with hot water and a treatment and keep an eye out for whenever you see them scratching.
- Biological Control and Removal- You will need to stop the eggs from maturing by ensuring you get an insect growth regulator treatment.
What can you expect from Flea Control and Removal?
If your infestation is severe then our experts will ask you to vacuum your floors, furniture and pets belongings, to wash them with hot water and treatment every week and to mow your long grass. Once this is done, our experts will carry out their control and removal service.
Why Choose Protech Pest Control in Melbourne?
Our trained experts at Protech Pest Control in Melbourne are certified technicians that will take the time out to study the root cause of your infestation, after an inspection to help you eliminate the existing infestation as well as prevent a future infestation.
All our services adhere to Australian Standards and our services are eco-friendly. We also provide same-day inspection and same-day service along with protection systems to eliminate the infestation quickly.
How to remove fleas inside my home?
To eliminate a flea invasion in your home, cleanse your pet’s belongings with hot water and a vet-approved medicine daily and use a carpet spray.
Do flea bites harm you?
Yes, flea bites can harm you and your pets as their bites cause itchiness, pain, rashes, infections and in some cases amputation.
What is the first sign of a flea infestation?
There is no first sign, however, once you notice bite marks on your feet it is best you get your home or business building inspected for fleas.
How to identify flea bites?
If you notice your dog or cat itching excessively and if you notice bite marks or a live flea, it is best to call our experts and get your pet treated by a vet too.
What keeps the fleas away?
Applying pesticides or bug repellents and getting a pest control and removal treatment service, as well as protection systems all, keep the fleas away.
What can you do prior to the service?
You can vacuum your home or business building thoroughly and mow the long grass in your yard to give your pest control and removal expert a clean space to conduct the service.
What can’t you do post-service?
Avoid mopping or vacuuming the treated area for at least 10 days to allow the treatment to settle and work effectively.
Really quick and responsive so our pest problem was under control in days rather than weeks (which the competitors couldn't match). They honoured the appointment time and they demonstrated a great depth of understanding of their field. They were also clear about options and follow up. I recommend them without reservation.
- Na Ap