Termite Inspection Melbourne
The 1st step to getting rid of termites
Importance of a Termite Inspection
The earlier termite infestation is detected the better and faster it can be taken care of with lesser termite damage to the house or property. If an assessment is delayed, so is the diagnosis and the treatment of the termite infestation caused by these ever-hungry insects thereby increasing the amount of termite damage caused by their eating habits.
Having an annual pest inspection is a must as suggested by the CSIRO. Having regular examinations and pre-purchase timber pest inspections are a must for every homeowner in Melbourne.
Termite damage does not fall within the luxuries of being covered by insurance for every homeowner which is why it must be prevented in the first place to avoid tearing that extra hole in the pocket. Such inspections help you seek out potential threats of any such problem, look for damage that can prove harmful to your property in the long run and maintain the protection against these pesky creatures for your property.
Termite inspections are also necessary as these insects are known for their skill to invade homes without being noticed for a very long time. Such pest inspections also help analyse the species of this forever chomping insect to better diagnose the infestation.
Types of termite inspections:
The two types of pest inspections include Standard termite and pre-purchase:
- Standard examination:
These are for home or property owners in Melbourne that need a regular checking to ensure that ants like termites are not eating away at their home with their ignorance about the same. Our inspections for these ever eating creatures abide by the Australian standards 3660.
We also look for damaged parts of the property that can be threatened by them in the future by being weak. Our main motto is to ensure there is no termite infestation and keep your property 100 % safe and protected from these insects. Just like a regular doctor's check-up, your home too needs a regular examination.
Our building inspections are thorough to ensure that we aren't leaving any parts of your home out even if the pest inspection is not a pre-purchase inpsection. We make it a point to give you a detailed report of our building inspections and explain the situation to you after termite inspections are conducted while discussing pest control resolutions or even just some termite protection and prevention tips as per your requirement.
- Pre Purchase Pest Inspections:
These are for those home buyers that are trying to invest in a piece of property or a home after ensuring that it is worth their money. The pre-purchase examination includes making sure that the property is not infested with pests or close to being so. It even finds out any damage that might have been caused by pest infestations in the past.
Investing in a house or property is always one of those biggest investments that no home buyer wants to go wrong on, so to be much more confident of your decision opt for a pre-purchase inspection that provides you with a detailed report and proof of our analysis.
What Do We Look For During The Examination?
During such an inspection we try to find all potential threats and damages, here are some of the things we keep an eye out for during the examination while assessing till the limit of your property or 30 meters of it:
- Termite activity
- Termite damage
- Rising damp
- Borer activity
- Black and white wood deteriorate
- Bad drainage
- Improper ventilation
- Bad construction of the sub-floor
- Leakage in the bathroom
- Higher than floor soil level
- Plumbing problems
The Equipment We Use For Termite Inspection Melbourne
Our well trained and certified professionals make use of the latest technology equipment such as the following to aid them in locating infestations putting together the most thorough and detailed report of the assessment:
- Sounding equipment
- Moisture meters
- Listening devices
- Termatrac (a device that built from microwave technology that detects movement)
- Termatrac Bore scopes (helps get visual access of areas hidden behind walls and other enclosed places)
- Thermal cameras
What parts of the property do we inspect?
Below are the various parts of the property that we thoroughly inspect for these ants:
- Every part of the building that is accessible
- Interiors of the building
- Building exterior
- Roof Void
- Roof exterior
- Any other part of the property that is within 30 meters of the building
- Outdoor constructed areas like garages and carports.
- Walls and fences under possession by the property.
- Steps or decks on the property or building
- The property's Drain system
- Driveways or pathways of the property.
Termite Inspection Reports
- The importance of a report:
It is important to know the real status of your property for basic management and maintenance to ensure that you do not face any potential threats to your investment in a home. This report helps analyze the current status to better equip you with the best termite protection solutions for any termite problem.
- The information in a report:
The report gives your detailed information of the findings of the inspection including details of the species of timber pests, the overall damages, how bad the damage has gotten, the weakness of the protection level of your home, what the best termite protection solutions are, the best timber pest management plans for your property's requirements, advice on existing termite control plans etc.
- What is the next step following the report?
Based on the findings of the inspection and the report, we will help you achieve the best plan for your property from prevention to cure and maintenance.
Tips To Prevent A Termite Attack And Reduce Damages:
Reducing Moisture on your property:
- Keep all groundwater drainage directed to flow away from your home to prevent moisture retention and fix broken or leaking pipes and taps
- Have fans installed to deal with moisture in sub-floors
- Ensure the plants are not watered adjacent to the house
- Regularly fix any leakage laundry room, kitchen, basement or bathroom
Reduce Food sources for these insects:
- Keep wood, timber, and mulch stored away from your home and not within close proximity.
- Ensure all timber is termite resistant and treated.
- Avoid storing cardboard boxes, firewood or waste timber.
Clear areas around your home:
- Ensure no plants or stored items are lying around the surrounding areas of your property. Keep the surrounding of the building clear
- Avoid storing anything in the subfloor as it could retain moisture and turn into food for these pests.
- Refrain from storing any timber or other items against the exterior walls of your home.
Why choose Protech Pest Control?
Our 26 years of experience in the service of Pest control and removal in Melbourne has always had us keeping you and your family as our top priority which is why we ensure that all our experts are certified and licensed to perform pest removal and control procedures and treatments.
We also ensure we use the best quality products for you that will rid you of pest problems while ensuring and guaranteeing your family's safety and wellness of health. Our pest control treatments are environment-friendly and we believe in providing you with the best resolution for your home for 100% customer satisfaction.